Saturday, October 4, 2008

updates

10.4.08
lots of updates to share since i last wrote anything....i turned in my notice at work just before i left for TN. that was kind of stressful - more than any other time i have left a job. it was really hard because my boss is the best one i have ever had and we get along well and it's been a great learning experience for me but in the end i just decided that the direction i wanted to go and the direction the company was moving were at odds. so, my official last day will be nov 5.
the good news (meg and mom can breathe a sigh of relief!) is that i know have a little more of a long term plan - besides heading off to africa. since i haven't yet been successul at the whole winning the lottery thing i thought i might need something to fall back on. so i am going to pursue a job in public health (possibilities include working with my friend christine at the peace corps in DC, the public health department, or a school nurse). i am also studying to take my GREs and looking to start working on my master's in the fall 2009. so there is a LOT going on in my mind right now - hence i am writing this at 6:30 on a saturday morning. though i actually got up early because i am running an 8k this morning in memory of tim susco http://www.susco8k.com/
more random thoughts to come, hopefully with some more secure travel and general plans in the next couple of weeks!

No comments: